Outdoors
OUTDOORS For the Capital City Weekly Almost 20 years before the crew of the F/V "Pelican" arrived at Lisianski Inlet, Southeast Alaska, for the purpose of building a cold storage, another major project was in its infancy. In 1919 Captain John H. Cann filed a gold claim up a valley opposite of present day Pelican. The property would remain under the control of the Cann family until the death of Mrs. Jenny Cann in 1953.

Gold: Lisianski Inlet's 1st bonanza

A truck sits at the Apex El-Nido shoreline in this undated photo.
Photo By Linda Carson
A truck sits at the Apex El-Nido shoreline in this undated photo.
  1 of 2 Next >>
Return to Story

Loading...